A bunch of new information for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round was revealed today, including that it will launch for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on February 17, 2015 in North America and February 20, 2015 in Europe. It will cost $39.99/£34.99 (physical and digital) on PS4 and Xbox One, with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions priced at $29.99/£24.99 (digital only).
If you don’t want to pay any money for Last Round, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters is going to be available as a free-to-play title on PS4 (Xbox One owners need to pay a small fee), including four fighters – Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi and Ryu Hayabusa – “and almost every game mode.” Extra characters, Story Mode, and other features can then be purchased separately.
Koei Tecmo adds, “All users, regardless of platform, can transfer unlocked titles, costumes, and Story Mode progress from the last-gen versions of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate as well as compete with combatants from both the free and full retail version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round.”
Getting back to the full version of Last Round, here’s the pre-order bonuses you can receive:
- GameStop – Ninja (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Kasumi) and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, Mila) costume sets
- Amazon and Best Buy – Showstopper (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, Tina) and Beach Party (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, Rachel) costume sets
- GAME – Ninja (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Kasumi) and Aloha (for Ayane, Hitomi, Kasumi, Mila) costume sets
- ShopTo – Showstopper (for Christie, Helena, Lisa, Tina) and Ninja (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Kasumi) costume sets
- Centresoft and Independent Retailers – Ninja (for Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Kasumi) and Beach Party (for Kokoro, Leifang, Momiji, Rachel) costume sets
- PlayStation Store – Ninja and New Challengers (for NyoTengu, Phase 4, Marie Rose) costume sets
Finally, the fan favorite Dead or Alive 2 stage The Crimson makes an appearance in Last Round:
A multi-level stage set in a bustling urban street in Asia, players start out on sprawls of tin rooftops where victory and defeat teeter on a razor thin edge. Combatants are one good punch away from being thrown through the surrounding fence, treated to one of several all-new over-the-top Cliffhanger events, and ultimately smashing through to the lower level, a dimly lit street tinged only with the light of surrounding neon signs.
Will you be pre-ordering Last Round?