Now that PlayStation 4 firmware update 2.00 is just one day away from releasing, Sony put together an overview video for the update, showcasing the USB music player, new voice commands, pausing and resuming downloads, Sharing to YouTube, and more.
Here’s a written overview of 2.00’s features:
- Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game — even when they don’t own a copy of it. PlayStation Plus membership is required for certain Share Play features.
- YouTube: Upload your gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the “SHARE” button on DualShock 4. In addition, a YouTube app for PS4 will be available to download from the PlayStation Store.
- Themes & Colors: Personalize your home screen background with select themes and colors. As a big thank-you to the PlayStation Nation, we want to kick-start your dynamic theme options by giving away a theme for two of the biggest titles gamers will be playing on PlayStation 4 this fall; Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both themes will be available for download on Tuesday.
- Live Broadcasting Enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area & Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favorite tunes in the background. (Note: Cannot copy music files to PS4 HDD; cannot be used at the same time as Music Unlimited)
- What’s New: To make the activity feed more relevant and timely for you, What’s New will add Friends of Friends suggestions and Live Broadcasting updates from your friends at the top of your feed.
As well, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV update 3.35 will be available tonight, while the latest PlayStation App update brings a redesigned home screen and new layout for tablets.
Are you ready for 2.00?
[Source: PS Blog]