We already knew LittleBigPlanet 3 would be compatible with all of the over 9 million Community levels from previous LittleBigPlanet titles, and today, Sony confirmed that the game is fully backwards compatible.
What this means for you is DLC, profiles, and more from LBP and LBP 2 are carried forward to LBP 3 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4:
Your DLC Collection Carries On
You will be able to bring all of your LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Level Packs straight to LittleBigPlanet 3, along with your entire wardrobe of outfits for your Sackboy or Sackgirl!
So if you have a whopping collection of goodies that you have purchased over the last six years, you can be rest assured that a simple re-download from LBP3’s in-game store will add your favorite content back into your Popit for use in LittleBigPlanet 3 at no additional cost.
Import Your Profile Into LittleBigPlanet 3
Not only is it good news for your DLC Collection because if you’re a long-time fan and have played either LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 previously, you will be able to import all of the goodies that you have collected in those titles to use in LittleBigPlanet 3.
That’s right! Every single Costume Piece, Material, Object, Music Track and any other creative goodies that you have collected in your previous adventures with Sackboy will be able to be imported into LittleBigPlanet 3!
Your LittleBigPlanet Earth Will Join You, Too
Finally, if you have published any LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 levels previously, you will be able to find them on your ever-familiar LittleBigPlanet Earth within LittleBigPlanet 3 so that you can pick up exactly where you left off with your published creations.
Best of all, if you have any custom content that you want to transfer from your PS3 to LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4, you can publish levels containing this content in Prize Bubbles so that your Sackboy or Sackgirl can visit these levels to pick your goodies up for your latest creations on PS4!
LittleBigPlanet Community Co-ordinator Steven Isbell then answered some questions about the transferring:
- “If you have previously purchased any Seasonal or Rare content, you will be able to re-download it with the rest of your DLC collection for LittleBigPlanet 3. This includes free items too.”
- “If you use the same PSN [account] that you used for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2, you will be able to import your goodies at the touch of a button. Either via a prompt when you first begin LittleBigPlanet 3 or at a later date in the Pause Menu.”
- “You will still be able to purchase all of our previous DLC for use in LBP3 on PS3 or PS4.”
- For custom content on PS3, you’ll be able to import it automatically.
- For custom content on PS4, “You can save your custom costumes in a Prize Bubble on your Earth in LBP or LBP2 and you will be able to visit that level and pick them up again in LBP3!”
If you still have questions about how everything will transfer over to LittleBigPlanet 3, a FAQ will be posted prior to game launch on November 18 in North America and November 26 in Europe.