Developed by D3T and Sony XDev, Super Stardust Ultra is coming to the PlayStation 4 in early 2015 for $12.99.
Following up on 2012’s Super Stardust Delta for PlayStation Vita, Super Stardust Ultra on PS4 will have you piloting a star fighter deep in space, “defending planets against the onslaught of enemy attacks in the midst of a deadly meteor storm. Your mission is simple: use split second timing and pure arcade skill to make every shot count and destroy everything in your path.”
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect in Ultra, as described by Sony XDev Studio Europe Producer Mark O’Connor:
- An array of new planets
- Glorious visual enhancements
- Incredible depth and variety
- The best graphics possible
- No less than nine different game modes, including new modes and established favorites from the series and its various add-ons
- Interactive Streaming game mode allows viewers to periodically vote to change up your gameplay as they watch
- New feature allows you to directly send and receive challenges from your online friends; or you can simply compare your scores across the global leaderboards.
- You can compete against friends in 2 – 4 player split-screen battles, or team up in co-op mode
Calling it “the most definitive and best version of Stardust ever,” we’ll receive more news and a release date for Ultra “very soon.”
Are you interested in Super Stardust Ultra, even though Housemarque isn’t developing it?