A PlayStation 4-exclusive, NIS America announced this week that Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance is coming to North America and Europe in Fall 2015 as a physical and digital release.
Marking the sixth Disgaea game on consoles, NIS’s description reveals how Alliance of Vengeance will tell a tale of revenge and rebellion:
As a new and terrible Overlord named Void Dark seeks to enslave the countless Netherworlds, one young demon has stood to end his reign – Killia. In Disgaea 5, lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels on their dark and dangerous path to vengeance. Filled with more over-the-top action and hilarious writing than ever before, Disgaea 5’s damage numbers are surely headed for the record books.
Here’s what you can expect in terms of features:
- Alliance Attacks: New to the Disgaea series, your relationship with your teammates influences a new battle system called Alliance Attack. These special moves are only available to main characters and only when their relationships are appropriately aligned.
- Recruitment: A familiar feature for Disgaea faithful, this system lets you choose from over 40 races and jobs, and identify new party members with the exact traits you desire.
- Revenge Mode: A game about vengeance wouldn’t be complete without a character stat boosting system based on revenge, would it? The Revenge Mode empowers your characters with bonus stats when they’ve become fed up of their allies being beat on.
- Explore the Netherworlds: While previous games in the series have shown a glimpse of the darkness that is the Netherworlds, Disgaea 5 takes you to a myriad of those dark lands.
- Definitely over 9,000: In true Disgaea fashion, Disgaea 5 harnesses the power of the PlayStation 4 to deliver battles with a ridiculous number of enemies and outrageous damage.
On the PS Blog, NIS America Marketing Co-Ordinator Jordan Vincent said, “If you’ve been thirsting for quirky characters, intense strategy, tumultuously tall towers of teammates, stat numbers, and gameplay hours that approach infinity (sort of), all in one game, well… you’ll have to wait until Fall 2015.”
Are you ready for more Disgaea next year?