Entering Steam Early Access today ahead of its launch on March 17, GRIN Studios also announced today that Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year. In the announcement trailer, you’ll get to see a bit of gameplay and combat, while also learning about the main character.
An “action-platforming fairy tale of death, industrial greed, and vengeance,” with combo-based hack ‘n’ slash combat and puzzles, Woolfe stars Red Riding Hood, who must embark on a journey to avenge the death of her parents.
GRIN summed up some of the key features:
- A Twisted Fairy Tale Story – GRIN’s take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story. Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father, Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident. At least, that’s what his family was told. All grown up, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.
- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe‘s atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbor and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.
- 2.5D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles.
- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes’ weaknesses.
- Deranged Fairytale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and – of course – her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.
Expect more details about Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries on PS4 as the year rolls on.