Most likely due to the release of Online Heists last week, Grand Theft Auto V ended the streak of new IPs topping the chart, rising 49% to finish at #1. This marks the 8th week for GTAV in first place, but the record for a game in the series still belongs to Vice City for PlayStation 2, which stayed at the top for 10 weeks.
Elsewhere, the previous #1, Dying Light, fell to 2nd, while new releases DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition and Sniper Elite 3: Ultimate Edition debuted in 5th and 10th, respectively.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending March 14, 2015, according to GfK Chart-track:
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 49%)
- Dying Light (down 43%)
- FIFA 15 (up 1%)
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (down 1%)
- DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
- Zombie Army Trilogy
- Sniper Elite 3: Ultimate Edition
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- WWE 2K15
- Forza Horizon 2
- Far Cry 4
- The Crew
- Disney Infinity 2.0
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Do you think there’s any chance Battlefield Hardline won’t finish in 1st place this week?