Update 2 (May 20):
You can download the first two pieces of free DLC, as well as a free static theme, by heading over to the North American PlayStation Store.
Here’s the description for each pack:
- Temerian Armor Set (21.5MB) – Reserved for the finest of warriors serving the kingdom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.
- Beard and Hairstyle Set (12.1MB) – Customize Geralt of Rivia to your liking with this amazing set of beards and hairstyles.
Update (May 20):
Following the first The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update on PlayStation 4 that released last week (full details), CD Projekt Red has brought out update 1.02 today, which reportedly takes up 487MB.
This time around though, the patch only contains a singular change:
- Following features are added: Cross country support for DLCs
As for the 16 pieces of free DLC available to everyone, CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot said, “Regarding the FREE DLC, the 1st two pieces will become available today when the game officially launches.” Since the digital version of The Witcher 3 unlocks early at 4pm PT/7pm ET today, that should be when the DLC is available.
For that DLC, you should be receiving a Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. Next week’s DLC, releasing on May 26, should include an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters – Yennefer of Vengerberg.
When do you plan on playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
- Top 5 Most Disappointing Games
- 5 Publishers That Have Totally Stopped Giving a Crap
- Inside the Season Pass: 12 PS4 Releases Examined
The Witcher 3 Update 1.02 is Live, First Two Pieces of Free DLC Release Today