After confirming yesterday that a new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is in development, CD Projekt Red announced that update 1.03 is available today on PC, with a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release of this update coming “very soon.”
Judging from the patch notes of the The Witcher 3 update on PC today, the PS4/Xbox One patch will include improved stability, improved performance, improved menu handling, a couple of fixes, and more.
Keeping in mind that some of these notes won’t extend to PS4/Xbox One, here’s the full list of details on today’s PC update:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
- Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
- Improves menu handling
- Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
- Rostan Muggs is back
- Minor SFX improvements
When we get full details on the console update, we’ll let you know.
On Twitter, CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot revealed that 600 fixes were included in the first The Witcher 3 patch on PS4:
The 600 fixes was the Day 1 patch. We are working on addressing the font size issue right now. Another patch coming soon.
As well, the next console patch should include a fix for the Gwent crashing problem.
Talking a bit more about The Witcher 3, Momot confirmed there are no plans to do a close camera option like they did in The Witcher 2, patches for all platforms are being worked on simultaneously, and they are working to get a PS4 corrupted data issue “fixed ASAP.”