A real-time strategy game from Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds, Grand Ages: Medieval is releasing on September 25 in Europe and September 29 in North America for the PlayStation 4 and PC.
Set in the High Middle Ages, Grand Ages: Medieval features a game world of over 20 million square kilometres in 1080p.
In addition to a single player campaign, you’ll also find an 8-player multiplayer mode. As Creative Director Daniel Dumont explained, “A cool and unique feature of our multiplayer is that you’ll be able to set commands and protocols that let you take breaks from multiplayer without ever having to leave the game.” However, he adds that you should use this feature sparingly, as you may come back to see your own defeat.
You can check out how to play Grand Ages: Medieval in the trailer above, with full game details below:
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress as a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are being explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement to rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via online (both formats) and local network (PC only)
You’ll be able to buy Grand Ages: Medieval through the PlayStation Store and in a Limited Special Edition boxed version.
[Source: PS Blog]