Revealed in April, Submerged from Uppercut Games is coming to the PlayStation 4 on August 4 in North America and August 5 in Europe. A price wasn’t announced, but PlayStation Plus members will receive 20% off at launch.
A combat-free third-person game, Submerged sees you playing as Miku, a young girl who has brought her wounded brother to a mysterious, flooded city in their small fishing boat. As Ed Orman of Uppercut adds:
Navigate the flooded city streets by boat, scale the drowned buildings, and use your telescope to scour the city for the supplies needed to save your dying sibling. As you explore the city at your own pace, you encounter the habitat that flourishes in this colorful place and discover hidden objects that piece together the story of a broken world and a broken family.
Revealed previously, Submerged is designed with no failure states, meaning you don’t have to worry about dying as you explore.
Here’s a list of features for Submerged:
- Vast outdoor environments with a rich, colorful and vibrant habitat present the player with a beautiful place to linger during the day or night and encounter the mysterious inhabitants called Remnants.
- A serene and relaxing game experience; take your time to enjoy the sunrise and beautiful vistas, the sound of the ocean or observe the playfulness of the creatures that inhabit the sunken city. There is only one pace in this game and that’s your own.
- Discover the hidden objects that piece together the story of redemption, sacrifice and determination and learn more about how the city came to be this way.
- Cruise through the city streets in your small powered fishing boat, using your telescope to identify which of the various buildings contain supplies and pin them on your map.
- Discover the best path to the objects you spotted from afar. Dock your boat at tall buildings and landmarks and climb the vines, ladders, ledges and pipes as increasingly difficult navigation puzzles.
Will you be getting Submerged next month?