A first-person spell-casting game, Lichdom: Battlemage is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 22, 2016 in North America and Europe through retail and digital stores, Maximum Games announced today.
Released on Steam last year, Lichdom: Battlemage plays like a first-person shooter, but there are “no guns, no knives, and no swords – just raw magic – making the game the first of its kind to employ magic as the exclusive form of weaponry.”
Maximum Games CEO Christina Seelye said, “The game is classic in its storytelling, yet completely unique in its gameplay. Like most magic games, there are definite RPG elements, but the game is pure action – through and through.”
Here’s the description:
Lichdom: Battlemage centers on the concept of unbridled power and magic with absolutely no mana bars and zero cool downs. When the wicked overlord known as Shax rips your closest loved one from the world, you set out on a journey to hunt him down. Before you embark on your quest for vengeance, a wizard grants you unlimited magical powers and designates you “Dragon,” the most powerful battlemage on earth.
- Robust spell-crafting system with 8 main sigils from which to craft thousands of spells
- Customizable play style: choose your crafting technique and combat strategy
- Fierce battles with armies of undead within varied landscapes and battle arenas
- Explosive, fast-paced action in the vein of first-person shooters
- Multiple opportunities to collect extra loot from fallen enemies
You can see gameplay of Lichdom: Battlemage beginning at :30 of the trailer.
By pre-ordering at GameStop, you’ll receive an exclusive Lichdom spell-crafting and battle guide eBook.
Maximum Games didn’t say if there would be any new features or content with the PS4/XB1 versions.