Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Video Details Solo Play & Hot-Swapping Characters
Along with multiplayer and co-op action, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 will feature Solo Play, letting you play by yourself with a team of up to three AI controlled teammates, as you’ll see in the above walkthrough trailer.
After choosing your team and heading into Solo Ops, you’ll have the option of hot-swapping between all the characters, with PopCap Vancouver adding:
This feature opens up tons of possibilities. You could swap to a character near an objective to get into the thick of battle instantly, or to a character who can best handle a particular situation. You can also combo character abilities in creative ways. Imagine playing as Rose and creating a time warp field to slow down a group of zombies. Then, you quickly switch to the nearby Kernel Corn to call down a buttery airstrike while they’re trapped!
As long as you’re controlling them, you’ll earn experience for each character.
Additionally, Garden Warfare 2 allows you to apply Crazy Settings in Solo Play, Private Matches or local split-screen. Some of these include:
- Infini-Ammo – Characters have infinite ammo without overheat.
- Speed Boost Craziness – Characters move crazy fast.
- Low Gravity – It isn’t just for the moon. The entire match will be played in low gravity.
- Simply Explode Mode – Characters explode when vanquished “simply.”
- Ridiculously Low Health – All characters have a max of one health – instant vanquishes.
- Super Crazy Knock-back Mode – Damaged characters get knocked back…really far.
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 will be available on on February 23, 2016 in North America and February 25, 2016 in Europe for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: Plants vs Zombies]