Minecraft Update 1.22 on PS4 & PS3 Today Is The “Biggest Ever,” Free DLC Pack Launched
An update for #MinecraftPSVita is rolling out now in Europe, North America and Japan! 🙂
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) December 21, 2015
Detailed last week, Minecraft update 1.22 is now live for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Europe and Japan, with a North American launch happening this afternoon. As for Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners, the update is rolling out worldwide right now.
Unfortunately, due to issues Sony found with the update on PlayStation Vita during final testing, developer 4J Studios is “still working on that.” According to Sony, the PS Vita update will arrive “very soon after.”
To celebrate the 2nd birthday of Minecraft on PlayStation, you can download a free skin pack beginning today through the PlayStation Store on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita (those in North America will have to wait until the afternoon). Free until December 29, and exclusive to PlayStation, the pack features 24 items, including party hats based on Ratchet & Clank, God of War and Sly Cooper, a Clank suit, Sackboy and Sackgirl party clothes, and Sly Cooper and Kratos Hawaiian shirts.
The “biggest update ever” that brings the console versions “closer to the current PC build than they’ve ever been before,” Minecraft update 1.22/Title Update 31 contains a large number of changes, fixes, and additions, as you can see in the patch notes below:
New items for all modes
- Armour Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, and Prismarine Shard have all been added!
New items for Creative Mode
- Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg can now be used in Creative Mode.
- Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, and Dark Oak Saplings are now available in-game.
- Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, and Chicken Jockey now roam the lands!
- Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, and Snowless Taiga are all available for exploration.
- Treasure can now be caught while fishing. There are a lot of cool things to find!
- Enchanting now consumes Lapis Lazuli, and enchanting books can receive multiple enchants at once.
- Villagers now have additional professions, and will harvest crops and breed. To encourage that kind of behaviour, give them 3 bread, 12 carrots, or 1 potato. They’ll also turn into Witches when struck by lightning.
- Now any rectangular shape from 4×5 to 23×23 will work as a Nether Portal. Ghasts can travel through them too.
- You can use Pumpkins or Wither Skeleton Skulls to spawn Golems and Withers.
- We’ve rebalanced the Anvils.
- Moss Stone, Mossy Stone Bricks and Chiseled Stone Bricks are now obtainable via crafting.
- You can now use a furnace to create Cracked Stone Bricks and Sponge.
- Empty Furnaces will now only accept fuel and empty Buckets in the fuel slot.
- Item Frames now emit a Redstone signal, and can rotate in 8 directions.
- Redstone comparators can now detect the rotation of an item in an item frame and output an equivalent power signal.
- Buttons can now be placed on the top and bottom of blocks.
- Powered Activator rails now dismount entities riding Minecarts.
- Water-filled Cauldrons will put out burning entities, taking away one water level each time.
- When harvested with Silk Touch enchantment, Huge Mushroom Blocks drop blocks with corresponding Mushroom texture (red or brown) on all sides.
- We’ve reintroduced Sponge to Survival Mode with new behaviour and texture.
- Sugar Cane colour is now affected by biome.
- Baby Zombies now drop XP Orbs.
- Creepers can now be ignited with Flint and Steel.
- Adult Zombie Pigmen will now forgive after a short time.
- Witches now drink a Potion of Water Breathing when they are trapped underwater and can drop a Potion of Water Breathing upon death.
- Melons can now be found in patches similar to Pumpkins in the Jungle Biome.
- Swamp Biomes now feature Blue Orchid Flowers.
- Plains Biomes now generate Azure Bluets, Oxeye Daises, Tulips, and Double Tall Grass.
- Extreme Hills Biomes now feature Snow at higher elevations.
- Ocean Biomes now only feature Gravel on the floor instead of Sand, Dirt and Gravel.
- Desert Temples spawn with Stained Clay instead of Dyed Wool.
- Ocean Monuments now feature.
- New enchantments – Luck of the Sea (I-III), Lure (I-III), Depth Strider (I-III) -have been added.
Tweaks and Fixes
- Sheep now drop Mutton when they die.
- Arrows decelerate more quickly underwater and extinguish if on fire.
- Most mobs can now swim.
- Skeletons flee from wolves.
- Creepers, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and Zombies drop their heads when killed by Charged Creepers.
- Spiders no longer see players through solid blocks.
- Baby mobs growth can be accelerated by feeding them.
- Fix for players adding additional layers above the maximum height in Superflat.
- Added Flint and Steel and Fire Charge sound effect when igniting blocks.
- Updated audio for Cows and Mooshrooms.
- Updated audio for Minecarts.
- Created a new Tutorial World.
If you discover any issues with the new update, let 4J Studios know over here.
What do you think of update 1.22 so far?