Gearbox has unveiled two new playable heroes for its upcoming first-person shooter, Battleborn. Revealed exclusively to IGN, the videos below offer a first look at Ghalt – The Veteran Peacekeeper and Deande – The Jennerit Spymaster.
Weapon: UPR M8-R Revolver Shotgun
- Ghalt’s customized UPR shotgun deals incredible damage at short range, but is weaker at greater distances. Holding LT aims down sight for more precise shots.
Passive: Tactical Shells
- The last 4 shots in Ghalt’s Revolver Shotgun cylinder deal 25% additional damage.
Skill 1: The Hook
- Fire out an energy hook that pulls enemies to you.
Skill 2: Scraptrap
- Deploys a trap to a target location, stunning nearby enemies for 2 seconds and then exploding dealing 133 damage. A maximum of 2 traps can be deployed simultaneously.
Ultimate: Dual Wield
- Ghalt equips a second shotgun, doubling his damage output for 10 seconds.
Weapon: Tessurim War Fans
- Deande’s primary melee combo (RT) strings a series of rapid melee strikes, while her secondary attack (LT) hurls her fans at foes for ranged damage.
Passive: The Element of Surprise
- For 3 seconds after uncloaking, all of Deande’s skills and attacks deal 25% additional damage.
Skill 1: Holotwin
- Cloaks Deande and deploys a decoy (20% health, 25% damage) to fight in her stead for 8 seconds. Upon death or expiry the decoy explodes for 20% damage.
Skill 2: Burst Dash
- Deande charges forward, dealing 200 damage and pushing back enemies. Hit enemies are weakened, lowering their attack damage by 30%.
Ultimate: Blink Storm
- Upon activation, Deande unleashes a flurry of 10 strikes directly ahead of her, stunning enemies and dealing 50 damage per hit.
Battleborn launches on May 3, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.