Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.2 Arrives January 14 for PS4 & XB1, Update 1.3 to Follow in Late January
Putting a priority on fixing top issues in Rainbow Six Siege, Ubisoft detailed their update plans for January 2016.
Two patches will be available this month, and each will release first on PC because of the faster deployment process, with Ubisoft also wanting to “test the impact the fixes have and adjust if needed and then deploy the updates at a larger scale” on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The first patch, update 1.2, is available today on PC, with PS4/XB1 users getting it on January 14. Then, update 1.3 will be available in mid-January on PC, with a PS4/XB1 launch scheduled for the end of the month.
These are the top priority issues Ubisoft is planning to fix this month:
- Error 41 – Most recurrent PvP connection error
- Extended Matchmaking Connection Time – Irregularly long loading time for some players (especially in Ranked).
- Failed Data Synchronization – Failed data screen resulting, in some cases, to no renown being issued at the end of a match.
- Loading Screen Freeze (Smoke Background) – Some players get stuck in a screen when loading a match.
- Game exploit in which Defenders are able to go outside during the preparation phase (bypassing the red wall).
- Party of 4 Matchmaking – Some users experience much longer matchmaking times if they try to matchmaking with a party of 4 players.
Here’s a look at some of the patch notes for update 1.2, which Ubisoft says “will not fix all of our current top issues and that we are actively working on fixing them as soon as possible:”
General Tweaks and Improvements
Hit Registration Improvements
- Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles – With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.
- Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
- Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
- Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.
Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
- Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
- Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.
Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
- Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied.
- Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move: Some situations still cause this bug. It is a work in progress.
Level Design Fixes
- Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
- Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
- Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.
Online Flow Fixes
- Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background).
- Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
- Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.
- The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended.
- Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing it.
The Season 1 update 2.0 will then follow in February, possibly around the same time as Operation Black Ice.
You can see a list of the Top Priorities and Known Issues over on the Ubisoft forums.