With the beta kicking off tomorrow, Sony has revealed that PlayStation 4 firmware update 3.50 includes friend notifications, the ability to appear offline, PC/Mac Remote Play, and more.
“Regardless of whether you’re in the beta, we wanted to detail some of the key features we’re adding to PS4 in this update,” Sony’s John Koller said. “We’re making it easier to play together with friends and adding the ability to appear offline when you’d rather play solo.”
Codenamed MUSASHI, here’s what to expect from PS4 update 3.50, which will be available to everyone in the future:
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
Koller says those selected for the 3.50 beta should keep an eye on their email for instructions on downloading the update.
More details on MUSASHI, including release date and other key features, will be revealed soon.