Scheduled for release in spring 2016, Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco announced today that Project CARS Game of the Year Edition is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
On top of all the elements “that made the original core experience a runaway success,” the Project CARS Game of the Year Edition includes the following content:
- An additional 50+ cars (125 total)
- 4 tracks (35 unique locations, 100+ layouts total)
- 60+ community-created liveries
- 500+ features and improvements that have been added since launch
In addition, the Game Of The Year Edition will feature two distinctive and exclusive items:
- The iconic Nürburgring Combined Nordschleife+ GP circuit
- 2 exclusive vehicles to Project CARS from Pagani Automobili, both unveiled today at this year’s Geneva Motor Show – the Zonda Revolucion, and Huayra BC
On Twitter, the Project CARS account revealed that all the extra DLC will be available separately as well. “All of the Game of The Year Edition content will be made available for existing copies of Project CARS as well,” they said. There will also be two or three new community events each month beginning in April.
Ian Bell, Head of Studio, said:
Almost five years ago, we started on a journey to create the most authentic, most beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. The game that launched back in May of last year was therefore the ultimate culmination of our own experience making accomplished racing games for over a decade, along with invaluable input from real-world racing drivers who gave us unprecedented insight into the motorsports world, and the wishes and desires of the racing community through our equity crowd-funding platform called the WMD Portal which allowed fans and players to test the game from day one, and who gave us feedback and guidance every day thereafter.
If you missed it last year, we handed Project CARS our Racing Game of the Year award.