With Fallout 4 update 1.5 now available as a Beta on Steam, Bethesda has fully detailed the upcoming patch, which includes Survival Mode, support for May’s Far Harbor expansion, and gameplay optimizations.
Although Survival Mode was previously expected in April on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Bethesda now says it will release “in the coming weeks” on console.
Here’s the list of patch notes for Fallout 4 update 1.5:
New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlementv
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Ability to delete downloadable content via the Add-Ons menu (PS4)
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
Meanwhile, Creation Kit and Mods are still in closed beta, with Bethesda hoping to add Mods support to the Steam Beta soon, “with console support for Mods coming in updates that follow.”
When Fallout 4 update 1.5 is live on PS4 and Xbox One, we’ll let you know.