2D Platformer 88 Heroes Releases on August 8 for PS4, Xbox One & PC
A 2D platform action game from Bitmap Bureau and publisher Rising Star Games, 88 Heroes is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Mac/Linux on August 8 (the eighth day of the eighth month) in North America and Europe.
Described as a “chaotic 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play,” 88 Heroes sees you trying to stop the evil Dr. H8 from destroying the Earth. Featuring 88 heroes and 88 levels with an 88 second time limit each that you have 88 minutes to complete, finishing a level or dying in 88 Heroes brings a new hero to the forefront.
With 88 days to go until launch, a new hero will be revealed through Twitter each day leading up to launch. Today’s is Gonan, a muscle-bound warrior who wields the mighty blade of his 88 forefathers. There will also be a Design-A-Hero content coming soon where a hero you create could make its way into the final game.
Here’s a list of features in 88 Heroes:
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help or hinder the player
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge!
- 88 levels across 4 areas to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter
- Watch the action from Dr. H8’s lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode – choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode – pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can
- More heroes incoming with DLC!
Director Mike Tucker said, “88 Heroes has been a labour of love for us at Bitmap Bureau, and is representative of the many years of 2D game development we have accumulated. It’s particularly exciting for us as it’s both our first console release and also the first time we’ve worked with Rising Star Games; a publisher with a great reputation in the industry.”