Scheduled to arrive before summer starts next month, the upcoming Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 content update, titled Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One, includes Zombopolis, the biggest zombie city PopCap’s ever created.
Creative Director Justin Wiebe explained that the update sees Dr. Zomboss and the zombies plotting to build a Mega Zombot that, when charged, could destroy any plants. To go along with this, two new characters will be introduced: Toxic Citron, who must stop Dr. Zomboss, and Breakfast Brainz, a bacon-caped crusader.
You’ll also find over 1,200 new customization items for your plants and zombies, the return of the Boat Blast shooting gallery in the Backyard Battleground (with leaderboards), balancing and gameplay improvements, critical bug fixes, and more.
Here’s a look at the new features and critical fixes coming with Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One:
- Added the new Herbal Assault Map and capital city for the zombies, Zombopolis – now featuring an all-new Mini-Boss Battle
- Added two new characters to collect: Breakfast Brainz: He smells as good as he fights! and Toxic Citron: Rolls into battle with his toxic toxicity!
- Numerous tuning and balancing updates, including improving Sunflowers’ damage output, damage reductions for Electro Brainz and more
- Added a Zany Zombopolis Pack with over 1,200 all-new crazy customization items
- Added Leaderboard improvements to keep track of your friends’ accomplishments, as well as your own
- Updates to the Boat Blast Mini-Game. Head to the docks in the Backyard Battleground to check out the updates, including the improved Boat Blast Leaderboards: Compete with friends for the highest score in Boat Blast (Note: you still need to qualify for the Mini-Game by completing the three initial Boat Blast quests)
- Added Legendary Background to Legendary Items in the Customization Menu
- Added item rarity to borders in the sticker book
- Story Quests no longer appear in the Players Quest Log when all Story Quests have been completed: Allows players to hold two extra Quests
- Added some audio stingers during reloads for some Party Characters
- AI now runs back to defend the flag if enemies are capturing it in Flag of Power Mode
- Added wave number information to HUD between waves
- Legendary Characters get some health back when triggering their Legendary Mode in low health
- Added a bind key on PC for Drone Self Destruct
- Added Aqua Center Quests to Quest Board
- Numerous stability improvements
- Fixed issue where players in game groups would occasionally not hear music upon joining Ops Mode
- Fixed issue where Infinity Time Match would not start due to Privacy Settings
- Fixed issue where players would lose functionality in Infinity Time looting area if time was destabilized by the Gnome King
- Additional stability improvements to Infinity Time Mode
- Fixed some latency conditions when players would enter the server
- Fixed rare issue where Quest Board would sometimes leave players in a hang after accepting Quests
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes lag in the Backyard Battleground when Gnome Cave would open
- Fixed occasional crash when accessing Leaderboards
You can see all the details about general bug fixes, character bug fixes, and balancing by following the link below.
[Source: Plants vs Zombies]