Developer Thunder Lotus Games announced today that Jotun: Valhalla Edition will release on September 9 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and on September 8 for Wii U. A console price wasn’t announced, but the non-Valhalla Edition is $14.99 on Steam.
A hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology, Jotun sees you playing as Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods in order to enter Valhalla. You’ll do this by exploring Norse Purgatory to find runes to unleash the jotun, giant Norse elementals, and fighting them with your two-handed axe and the blessings of the Gods.
Here’s a list of Jotun’s features:
- Experience beautiful hand-drawn animation
- Fight five epic jotuns, giant Norse elementals
- Explore nine vast and mysterious levels filled with Viking mythology
- Learn about Thora’s life and death in an overarching story
- Summon powers bestowed upon you by the Viking Gods
- Hear authentic Icelandic voice-overs
- Listen to an amazing original soundtrack, specifically composed for every gameplay moment by Max LL
With the Valhalla Edition, Thunder Lotus Games has added Valhalla Mode, which is a replayable boss rush mode featuring tougher versions of the jotun.
Looking at the Trophy list, Jotun: Valhalla Edition includes a Platinum and 37 Trophies in total. The three Gold Trophies task you with beating Valhalla Mode, beating Valhalla Mode without taking any damage, and beating Valhalla Mode without using God Powers.