Alienation update 1.04 and update 1.05 were released today, adding six new Trophies, Weekly Missions, a new Legend difficulty level, the ability to loot and collect armors with different modifiers, while also increasing the Hero Level cap and more. Developer Housemarque says the Weekly Missions are “missions to be played with unusual rules for an additional challenge – beat them within seven days and you’ll get a reward!”
In addition to the free content in the updates, more paid DLC was released today. Priced at $4.99, the Weapon Pack includes the secondary weapon Devastator (a deadly laser ray) and the heavy Collapser (a cannon with bounding projectiles). Then, the $4.99 Veteran Heroes pack allows you to start with characters at Level 15 and access World Level 15. Finally, the $0.99 Armor Paint Pack includes three exclusive armor paints. All of the items in the packs can be purchased separately, and Season Pass owners get access to everything for free.
Here’s the patch notes for today’s Alienation updates:
- Added weekly missions.
- Added a new difficulty level.
- Added collectible armor sets.
- Added armor paint customization.
- Added option to disable World Level 2 visuals.
- Added new trophies.
- Increased Hero Level cap by 25.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations.
- Fixed the bug that caused players who were not part of the squad when the mission started to get worse loot (and worse score in Ark Ship).
- Fixed Ark Ship score exploit bug and increased score cap for future scores.
Quality of life improvements
- Added an option to lock your favorite inventory items so that they won’t be accidentally salvaged.
- Added a possibility to drop inventory items in local co-op so that they can be collected by another player.
- Added salvage all option which salvages all unlocked inventory items in the current category.
- Legendary items show up on minimap.
- New secondary weapon: Devastator (DLC)
- New heavy weapon: Collapser (DLC)
- Start at level 15 (DLC)
Will you be playing Alienation today?
[Source: PS Blog]