No Man’s Sky has received a hell of a lot of flak since its release, with some PS4 players going as far as to demand refunds from Sony. While much of internet is still melting over what isn’t in No Man’s Sky, one man has remained fully invested. Reddit user “St3amb0t” has taken it upon himself to be the first recorded player to walk across an entire in-game planet. It’s taken him two weeks “of running and jumping across Dudenbeaumodeme,” but he’s finally done it!
Listed within his Reddit post, are a number of facts:
- Im not sure exactly how long this took. I didn’t use any sort of timer, other than the in-game waypoint marker for the ship which is not even close to exact. My best guess is about 40-45 hours all together.
- I’ve been making this journey over the last 2 weeks, playing for a few hours every night.
- I wish I had checked my number of steps before I started, but they are now at 650k+ on the discoveries tab.
- I played on PS4. No mods, no cheats.
- I made excellent use of the melee/jetpacking trick.
- The Pilgrim Star and Dudenbeaumodeme are officially uploaded to the NMS server. The other three planets are up for grabs if you can find them.
- It was fun at times, but if you are looking to do something similar, I recommend walking across a moon.
- I didn’t find a single blueprint that I didn’t already have. I am also mostly fluent in Vy’Keen now.
- I read the entire story of Hirk and his Vy’Keen war against the Sentinels. Twice.
- The Pilgrim star is located 166451.2 light-years from the center and is in Ocopadica region of the Euclid galaxy.
You can check out the final hour of exploration in the video embedded just below.
We thought No Man’s Sky was pretty awesome, too. Not awesome enough for us to stay grinding the same planet for hours and hours, we’ll admit, but still pretty fantastic. See our full thoughts in our review.
What do you think of St3amb0t’s achievement? Pretty crazy, right? I wonder if he’ll be tempted to walk across the remaining 18.399999 quintillion planets…