If you read even a portion of Tyler’s review of Assetto Corsa, or played the game yourself, then you are well aware that the game needs some performance fixes and optimization. Developer Kunos Simulazioni promised a patch for the PS4 version earlier that would release by the end of the month. Here we are, the penultimate day of the month, and such an update is now live.
The free 1.03 patch fixes frame-rate, screen tearing, and the AI difficulty just to name a few. It also gives players the ability to select their starting position as well as a free car, the Maserati Levante S, and a new road track, the Black Cat Country circuit.
Here is the complete list of patch notes for the Assetto Corsa PS4 update.
• Framerate is now smoother.
• Screen tearing issues have now been resolved.
• Players will now be able to select their starting position in the race options screen. • Gamepad algorithms have been improved, resulting in better handling.
• On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will now recognize the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ button in the start screen.
• A ‘Reset to Default’ option has now been added that resets the gamepad settings to recommended values.
• Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
• A new option has been added which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to a degree of their choice.
• 2 additional difficulty levels have been added – ‘Very Easy’ and ‘Very Hard’.
• AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
• Algorithms have been improved.
FREE BONUS CONTENT!
• The Black Cat County track is now available as part of Update v 1.03: Get ready to enjoy its three different configurations: Long, Short and Intermediate!
• This fictional scenery comes with a bonus FREE car model, the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV! This is a great chance to enjoy the advanced physics level of the simulation with a different kind of vehicle.
• The latest update introduces a new technical partnership with SPARCO, an Italian company that designs, produces and sells motorsport safety equipment, seats and more. Some exciting opportunities to come in the future! In the meantime you can enjoy the all-new dedicated suits and gloves featured in the latest update of Assetto Corsa.