505 Games and Eko Software have announced that How to Survive 2 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in February 2017, priced at $14.99 USD/€14.99/£11.99. According to the European PlayStation Store, it will launch on February 6 and pre-ordering it nets you two free DLC packs that each include a piece of headgear, a pet, and a weapon.
Set 15 years after the original, How to Survive 2 is a zombie co-op crafting survival game where you team up with other players to make it through a massive Zombie infestation in Louisiana. Along the way you’ll have to scavenge for resources, craft tools and weapons, build base camps, and interact with characters, including Kovac, the author of the survival guide.
As the features list shows, How to Survive 2 lets you play with up to three other people at one time:
- Multiplayer – Invite up to 16 players to access your camp and 4 of you can play together simultaneously.
- Randomized Environments – From the unforgiving bayous of the Mississippi Delta to the abandoned streets of New Orleans’ French Quarter.
- Character Customization – Customize your own looks and learn new and different skills to specialize as you level up and equip with scavenged and handcrafted armor, tools and weapons.
- Teamwork – All players can contribute to a bigger, better camp and can perform co-op actions and strategies.
- Survival – If the hordes of undead humans and animals don’t kill you, thirst or exhaustion will.
- Crafting – New deeper crafting system will allow you to use items and materials to create hundreds of items, tools and weapons to upgrade your character and your base camp.
- Camp Building – Secure your shelter choosing from a wide upgradeable variety of traps, barricades, obstacles and workshops that will unlock new recipes and allow you to create more materials and items.
How to Survive 2 launched last year on PC.
The previous game in the series, How to Survive, was released for PS3 in 2013. It came to PS4 a year later, titled How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition.
[Source: PlayStation Store]