A remastered version of the 2008 PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 title, Baja: Edge of Control HD is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q2 2017, THQ Nordic announced today.
With the remaster, you’ll find higher frame-rates, better textures, increased details, improved control, an improved user interface, an easier career start, and improved rendering tech for shadows, lighting, and dust effects. It will also include 4K PS4 Pro support.
In addition to four-player split-screen and online multiplayer, dozens of vehicles, nine open worlds, and free-roaming gameplay, here’s what else to expect from Baja: Edge of Control HD:
- Baja: Edge of Control HD is the carefully remastered version of the original off-road racer from 2008 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This truly unique game contains more than 1,000 miles of the toughest terrain Mother Nature has to offer, including the steepest mountains, thickest mud and deepest canyons known to man.
- Only the HD version features much crisper and more detailed visuals running at super smooth framerates in up to 4K screen resolution.
- With countless sponsored vehicles in eight classes, including Trophy Trucks, 4x4s and buggies, Baja: Edge of Control HD features a full array of upgradeable options with hundreds of authentic parts that affect each vehicle’s performance.
- Players will put their off-road machines to the test in near-vertical Hill Climb challenges, head-to-head Open Class races, circuit races and the ultimate off-road endurance challenge: the Baja! Baja: Edge of Control HD contains more than 100 tracks across all landscapes in races that can last up to four hours.
- The game’s vehicle physics deliver authentic handling, and a support management system that allows gamers to monitor and repair realistic vehicle damage as fenders fly, tires are blown, suspension is stressed and engines overheat.
Baja: Edge of Control HD will be available through both physical and digital retailers. A price wasn’t given today.