Detailing the post-launch plans for Ghost Recon Wildlands today, Ubisoft said you can expect free updates, seasonal events, community challenges, a free PvP mode offering tactical class-based 4v4 team combat, two paid expansions, and more.
By picking up the Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass, you’ll receive one-week early access to the two major expansions, a permanent 5% XP boost, equipment packs, and more. Here’s all the details:
One Week Early Access to Two Major Expansions
- The game’s first major expansion will give you the full spectrum of narco life, as you tear through Bolivia using new vehicles in a series of fast-paced missions. Expect to face the most insane adversaries as you infiltrate three smuggling gangs and take out their leaders one by one until you reach the mastermind: El Invisible.
- Along with its more eccentric tone, this new adventure will include more than a dozen new missions across four provinces, new vehicles, new weapons skins, and side activities, with everything being entirely playable in solo and in four-player co-op.
- With Fallen Ghosts, get ready for your Spec Ops skills to be put to the test! After your chopper is shot down during an evacuation mission, your squad will be forced to adapt as you are tracked down by Los Extranjeros, an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Fortunately, new weapons and skills will help you and your friends find the strength to escape!
The Unidad Conspiracy Missions (April 2017)
- Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
The Peruvian Connection Pack
- Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches
Faction-Themed Equipment Packs
Rebellion Ghost Pack
- Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.
Unidad Ghost Pack
- Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps dressed just like one of them. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
Santa Blanca Ghost Pack
- With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
- Bolivian Minibus
- Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
- Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.
- Ghost Recon Credits Pack with 800 credits
The Season Pass is included in the $99.99 USD Gold Edition, so it will likely cost around $40 USD on its own.
Ubisoft didn’t say how much credits packs will cost, just that they can be “purchased at any time to spend on cosmetic items, XP boosts, and weapons comparable to those you can find through normal gameplay.”
Expect more details on the free PvP mode in the future.
Ubisoft also confirmed that the day one Ghost Recon Wildlands patch will address some of the feedback from the beta tests.
Ghost Recon Wildlands launches on March 7 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.