A music-themed action-RPG from Triangle Studios (The Bug Butcher), AereA is releasing on June 30 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, publisher Soedesco announced today. AereA is priced at $39.99, and both the physical and digital versions include a copy of the soundtrack.
Featuring local co-op support for up to four players and music by Broforce composer Deon van Heerden, AereA puts you in charge of four playable characters as you try to return the nine primordial instruments to their rightful places. As you can see in the trailer and description, each of the four characters has a set of music-themed abilities and weapons:
Along your quest to save Aezir, you’ll assemble a party of four characters, each with a set of harmonious, music-themed abilities and weapons. There’s Wolff, the archer, whose weapon is a harp; Jacques, the knight with a cello as his sword and shield; Jules, who channels magic through a lute; and, finally, Claude, the gunner whose weapon is a trumpet. Each character can be controlled by you as the player or cooperatively with up to three friends in local co-op.
- Enjoy the beautiful music by Broforce composer Deon van Heerden
- Lose yourself in the beautifully hand-drawn graphic style in 4K resolution
- Play as 4 different musical themed characters, each with their own unique set of abilities
- Fight 9 unique bosses, inspired by a specific musical instruments
- Explore multiple islands with a wide variety of biomes, enemies and puzzles
- Switch to local 4-player co-op to form a team with up to 3 friends at any time
Asked about co-op, PR Manager Marten Buijsse said, “The screen won’t split when characters get too far apart!”
[Source: PlayStation Blog]