Report: Darksiders 3 Info and Screenshot Leaked, Will Have You Play as Fury
Update: The European PlayStation Blog now says something called Darksiders: Fury’s Collection – War and Death is releasing on Wednesday, May 3 for PlayStation 4. No other details were provided.
On Twitter today, THQ Nordic’s Reinhard Pollice said, “Its on… #Darksiders3.”
Original Story: Well, this is a big one. It seems online retail giant Amazon has leaked another game’s existence before its official announcement yet again. This time, it’s a sequel to one of last-generation’s underrated action franchises, Darksiders.
In case the headline wasn’t a dead giveaway, yes, Amazon just leaked the existence of Darksiders 3! Not only that, but it also leaked a bunch of screens and game info well before any official announcement has been made.
In Darksiders 3, you’ll play as Fury, and must defeat the “Seven Deadly Sins” and their servants. It’ll once again be a post-apocalyptic adventure, and be an “open-ended, living, free-form game world,” which if I had to hazard a guess, means it’ll be just like the first two Darksiders. Check out the official product description and screenshots below.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
According to Amazon, it has a release date of December 31, 2018 for the PlayStation 4 (and most likely Xbox One and PC), which I assume is a placeholder date for the time being. If I had to wager a guess, Darksiders 3 most likely was going to be announced at this year’s E3, or close to it. Bear in mind that while this has not been officially confirmed by THQ Nordic or by Gunfire Games (the listed studio developing Darksiders 3), this seems pretty legit, and I wouldn’t be surprised if an official announcement is made later today or within the week.
As someone who loved the first Darksiders (I haven’t played the second one yet, sadly), I’m very happy to hear this news. The art work seems to be different from the before, so that could mean that Joe Madureira is not involved in this follow up. Regardless, the screenshots look awesome so far, and I can’t wait to hear more about it and see its first gameplay trailer.