NBA Playgrounds is releasing on May 9 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, developer Saber Interactive announced today. A digital-only title, it will cost $19.99 USD.
As you can see in the above gameplay video, NBA Playgrounds includes arcade-style 2-on-2 gameplay and NBA superstars and legends. Here’s the full features list:
- Up Your Game – Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play – Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System – The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars – Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-Top Moves – Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
NBA Playgrounds will launch with two-player head-to-head online play, and a post-launch update will include four-player support. Polygon adds that Saber Interactive has big plans for post-release content, including roster updates, a dunk contest, and a three-point contest.
There aren’t any micro-transactions in NBA Playgrounds, but if players want the ability to buy card packs, Saber President Matthew Karch says the feature could be added in the future.