When the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles DLC launches digitally on May 16 for PlayStation 4, it will cost $29.99 USD, Treyarch has revealed. As the official FAQ points out, Zombies Chronicles isn’t included in the Season Pass, and it will require about 12.2GB of space (combined with Black Ops 3, you’ll need about 75GB of space).
Zombies Chronicles includes eight remastered maps from World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops 2, and they’re all in “true HD with current-generation visuals, enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments, and updated AI and audio systems.” You’ll also be able “to use custom weapons, including current weaponry featured in Black Ops III that wasn’t featured in the original maps.”
On top of the eight maps, Zombies Chronicles includes 20 vials of Liquid Divinium, two Whimsical GobbleGums, and the exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo. Pre-ordering Zombies Chronicles through the PlayStation Store (North America, Europe) gets you an exclusive PS4 theme.
Here’s every map included in Zombies Chronicles:
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
Beginning on May 16, Treyarch will host 8 Days of the Undead, which is an event where players of Black Ops 3 on all platforms and Zombies Chronicles on PS4 can earn Double XP, take part in community challenges, and get free content including Zombies calling cards, weapon camos, new GobbleGums, and PS4 themes.
The Zombies Chronicles FAQ adds that release dates for Xbox One and PC will be announced in the future. There was no mention of a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 release.