While it still isn’t known when The Division’s next major content update, Update 1.7, is set to come out, developer Massive Entertainment held an event for the game’s ETF community members where they were able to check out some of the changes coming with the new patch.
YouTuber Arekkz, who was at the event, has detailed some of the content coming with the new update which include Global Events, which were formerly known as ‘Seasons,’ and Commendations, formerly ‘Feats.’
Here are a few of the things Arekkz pointed out about the new update:
- They occur once a month and last for one week (duration may vary to coincide with seasonal events).
- Global modifier applies to ALL PvE content (positive modifier designed to make things more fun).
- During the event a specific set of activities is put into a playlist and you can ADD an additional ‘Activity modifier’ to add a more challenging twist OR add a ‘Group modifier’ to add group mechanics on top.
- Modifiers increase the chance to get better rewards at the end.
- During a Global Event, you will be able to earn a new type of STAT ITEM that will help develop your build further.
- You will also be able to get a new type of Vanity Item(this is different to the ones earned from Commendations).
- These are an achievement type activity that encourage you to grind in order to complete them.
- Some Commendations reward you with completion points to increase your overall score (bragging rights)
- Others will reward you with a new type of vanity item (different to the vanity items we have right now).
- There are LOTS of commendations. Some are easy and will complete passively, others will force you to play a different way and will be very challenging.
As previously mentioned, there is officially announced release date for Update 1.7 as of yet and many of the things stated above could still be subject to change before the update is release. We’ll have to wait for Massive’s next “State of the Game” livestream happening tomorrow to find out more about Update 1.7.