Update: Jat now says, “And to be the bearer of poop news: PS4 ETA looks like tomorrow now. Abstraction still have a bit of work left to do. Sorry guys! :(”
Original Story: ARK: Survival Evolved update v258, which is already available on PC and Xbox One, is expected to hit PlayStation 4 later today as v509. Asked about a specific time, Studio Wildcard’s Jat said, “Once I have an update I’ll let you know. It’s still a we’ll see atm.”
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- Per-pixel painting, including Human & Dino Warpaint
- New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
- New Dino: Hyaenodon
- New Dino: Hesperonis
- New Dino: Megatherium
- New Dino: Megalania
- New Dino: Yutyrannus
- New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
- New Structure: Interactive Toilet
- Viking Hair and Facial Hairstyles
- Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
- Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
- Achievement set now includes various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
- New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
- Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress “easter egg” for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy’
- Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
- Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
- Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
- Updated various new UI’s to the new style
- 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
- Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
- Redid The Island’s ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
- Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP
- Various misc Island map fixes
- Massive update to Primitive+:
- All tamed dinos with projectiles now support “Turret” AI mode
- Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection
- Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
- Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
As of today, ARK: Survival Evolved has seen its price raised to $59.99 USD on PS4, with the Scorched Earth expansion pack at $19.99 USD. Previously, you could buy the ARK: Survivor’s Pack for $54.99 USD, which included the base game and Scorched Earth.
This price increase is likely due to the fact that Survival Evolved is fully releasing very soon. We’ll know more at 12pm PT/3pm ET later today:
This coming Monday (June 12th), the console version of ARK: Survival Evolved will see an increase in price, and on July 7th, the PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved will also the see an increase.
We’ll be providing further information on the reason for these changes after the live stream on Monday at E3, so be sure to tune in! If you or a friend still have ARK on your wishlist, you’ll want to purchase it before the price changes!
Speaking with Geoff Keighley at E3 2017, Jesse from Studio Wildcard talked about the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, saying, “Before the [Xbox One X], [PS4 Pro] was the best console version, but it’s hard to argue with that six teraflops.”
Asked by Geoff if the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions would have the same frame-rate, Jesse said, “It’s not really possible. There’s a couple reasons for that: the Xbox One X not only has faster processing but it has a lot more RAM, too.” He then confirmed that the Xbox One X version will run at 60fps.