First scheduled for April 21, then pushed to June 23, Micro Machines World Series is now releasing on June 30 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Deep Silver has revealed. No reason was given for the week delay.
In the new Retro trailer brought out today, Deep Silver gives you a look at gameplay as the world’s fastest-talking man explains what the game is.
Speaking with WCCFTech, Codemasters said Micro Machines World Series won’t include HDR support, and there won’t be any PS4 Pro support at launch. “Beyond that, there’s nothing we can announce at this time,” they added. “But we’re not ruling anything out!”
Exophase revealed the Trophy list for World Series, and these are some of the highlights from the entire list of 44:
- Micro Master – Get all other Trophies
- Prestigious – Prestige for the first time
- Perfect Record – Win a race without being destroyed on 10 different tracks
- Dr. Richard Move – Push 3 opponents into hazards in one round of an elimination skirmish
- First Responder – Destroy an opponent within 1 second of them picking up your flag
- Evil Mastermind – Destroy an opponent by pushing them into a laser gate
- Zookeeper – Feed a player to the hippos
- Tooled Up – Collect all items for a single vehicle
Here’s the description for Micro Machines:
Micro Machines World Series is the only console game to combine the thrilling madness of racing micro vehicles with epic team battle strategies, set against the extraordinary interactive backdrops of the everyday home!
In addition to classic game modes such as Race and Elimination, Micro Machines World Series introduces all new Battle Arenas which allow you to wreak mass destruction on a miniature scale against your friends or AI. Meanwhile, Team Play lets you work together using your vehicles’ unique skills in modes such as “Capture the Flag” and “King of the Hill.”
Micro Machines World Series will support up to 12 players online and four players on the same screen across a variety of racing and battling environments. Each of the 12 vehicles has its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities. The game will launch with a massive range of customization options. Grab your NERF Blaster, activate the teleporter (avoid the spilled jam!), and take on the world in Micro Machines World Series!
PlayStation Plus members in Europe who pre-order World Series will save 10% off the £24.99 regular price. It isn’t available for pre-order in North America.