Sony has announced that a new, officially licensed PlayStation 4 Media Remote from PDP will be available in July 2017. PDP’s website says it will cost $24.99, and Amazon and GameStop say it will launch on July 18.
Featuring a more compact design than the $29.99 USD Universal PS4 Media Remote, here’s what to expect from the PS4 Media Remote:
Enjoy a convenient and intuitive way to navigate and control your favorite PS4 entertainment apps and Blu-Ray Disc player right from your couch. The remote uses Bluetooth to control your PS4 systems. The sleek and compact design with improved ergonomics allows you to access all essential controls under one thumb. Keep it simple with this effortless remote.
- Simple, Intuitive Control – A PS4 media remote perfect for the whole family.
- Sleek and compact design – Access all essential controls under one thumb.
- Connects via Bluetooth – Uses Bluetooth to control your PS4 system.
- Dedicated PS4 Buttons – Includes the most important buttons for navigating system menus and apps including the Action buttons, Share, Options, and PS buttons.
- App Control – At launch, the Media Remote will be fully compatible with most apps on PlayStation 4 Systems
The remote requires two AAA batteries, which aren’t included.