The Destiny servers will be offline today beginning at 8am PT/11am ET for eight hours of scheduled maintenance, Bungie has revealed. The maintenance is being done to help prep for the Destiny 2 beta next month, and it won’t introduce any content or gameplay changes to Destiny.
Here’s the timeline for today’s maintenance:
7am PT/10am ET
- Destiny server maintenance is scheduled to begin
- Players will no longer be able to login to Destiny
8am PT/11am ET
- Players will be removed from activities and returned to the login screen
- Destiny servers will be unavailable during the rest of the maintenance period
4pm PT/7pm ET
- Destiny server maintenance is scheduled to end
- The server maintenance will not introduce any content changes or gameplay impact
Bungie also announced that the server queue is back:
In preparation for Destiny 2, the Destiny server queue has been enabled in the event that the population exceeds the capacity of our data center. This queue will only impact players attempting to sign in, and will not affect players attempting to launch into activities or social spaces. Leading up to the Destiny 2 Beta and after the launch of Destiny 2, we expect players may experience this queue during times of high activity or maintenance periods.
If you’re still playing Destiny, you’ll have until August 1 to unlock these emblems. August 1 is also when the final Iron Banner will take place, and the final Trials of Osiris will begin on August 11.
No more updates or content is planned for Destiny.
Destiny 2 releases on September 6 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (PC will follow in October), and players have revealed that PS4 pre-loading begins on September 3. At launch, a minimum of 68GB of HDD space will be required for Destiny 2.