Finished Horizon Zero Dawn and waiting for The Frozen Wilds DLC? If so, you’ll be very happy to know that Guerrilla Games just released a hefty Horizon Zero Dawn update today (1.30) and it adds a lot of new stuff! And by a lot, I mean a LOT! There’s a New Game+ mode, added Trophies, face paint for Aloy and more.
Aside from the new additions, there’s also tweaks and fixes, and you’ll even be able to collect XP (even if the level cap is still locked at 50 for now). There’s also a new “Ultra Hard” mode for those who want a new challenge, even!
Check out the full patch notes of Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.30 below.
LATEST PATCH: 1.30
We’re pleased to announce that Patch 1.30 for Horizon Zero Dawn will be released today.
In addition to fixing a number of progression issues, technical issues and crashes, as outlined below.
This patch will also introduce New Game+ and a new difficulty level: Ultra Hard Mode
If you encounter an issue while playing Horizon Zero Dawn, please try reloading a recent manual save, quicksave or autosave from the “Load” menu option. If the issue persists, please take screenshots of the area where it occurred and your location on the map, and forward them to us for further investigation.
- New game+ added for players who want to play through the game with their existing gear.
- Ultra Hard mode is added for the players that are up for another challenge!
- Added two new trophies to the game: One for completing New game+ and one for completing New game+ in ultra-hard mode.
- Added support for all EU and US text Languages on EU and US games.
- Fixed an issue for some players in “The Looming Shadow” where two guards would disappear after Blameless Marad speaks to them.
- Fixed an issue for certain players with the Lodge Ropecaster where the ropecaster’s anchors that are automatically shot in the ground would not stick to the terrain while shooting from a crouched position.
- Fixed an issue for some players where bandit camps would incorrectly display as ‘Undiscovered’ within the world map if the player had cleared all bandit camps.
- Fixed an issue with “Cauldron Zeta” where for some players the quest log would disappear after completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered with the animations of Aloy. When the player would perform a melee attack and use the Focus almost simultaneously, it would cause Aloy’s upper body to twist unnatural for a moment.
- Fixed an issue with the humanoid scream and attack indicators.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where for some players the data points in Sobeck’s office were not obtainable if the player wanted to pick them after the explosion caused by Helis, as they had disappeared.
- Fixed an issue with the Tearblaster statistics being incorrectly displayed in the weapon wheel.
Progression Issues Fixes
- Fixed an issue in “Field of the Fallen” where for some players Erend would not appear and thus blocked progression of this quest.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where some players might teleport through the protester scene, blocking progression as Erend would not open the door to Olin’s apartment.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
- Minor text fixes.
That’s one hefty update, no? No doubt, some of the changes are in preparation for Horizon’s upcoming DLC which is due out sometime this year. You can check out screenshots of the extra weapon mod slots, Aloy’s face paint and more in the gallery below.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.30 Adds New Game+, Face Paint, Trophies and More - PlayStation LifeStyle
[Source: PlayStation Blog]