We knew that a new Sword Art Online title was in development, but now we know exactly what to expect from developer Dimps. Bandai Namco announced today that the next game in the series will be called Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, the game will take place within the virtual world of Gun Gale Online. The early 2018 release will feature an original story by series creator Reki Kawahara, and the narrative will change depending on the choices the player makes.
View the debut trailer below:
Here’s how Bandai Namco describes the upcoming action RPG, via Amazon:
Play as the protagonist, battle against opponents using new weapons and further customize gameplay by creating skills and abilities. Interact with characters from the Sword Art Online original novels, anime and previous games as you navigate a world that is vastly personalized and visually enhanced. As an action based RPG, gun battle plays a large role unlike previous games, with unique and realistic designs resembling something out of a sci-fi movie and numerous other weapons and fighting styles to choose from. Stunning visuals also accompany this game thanks to the power of the Unreal Engine 4, which lends realism to the textures and materials, further immersing the player into the dynamic world.
Check out the official feature list below:
• Welcome to the World of Guns: Gun Gale Online from Sword Art Online II is visually enhanced, with many landscapes to discover in an all new original story supervised by series creator, Reki Kawahara.
• Unreal Visuals: Get lost in a lifelike world developed by Dimps with realistic and robust environments and textures made possible by Unreal Engine 4.
• Friend or Foe: Challenge tough bosses that require friends in co-op or play against them in 4-on- 4 battles.
• Realistic and Heroic Gun Play: plenty of one-of-a-kind and beautifully Designed weapons to choose from and unique skills to create.
• New to Xbox One and PC: Sword Art Online is playable on Xbox One and PC for the first time in the history of the popular gaming series.
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is set to release in early 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.