Following the Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase today, Yacht Club Games announced that Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the final campaign in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga, is releasing in 2018 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Switch, Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Amazon FireTV. Priced at $9.99 as a standalone campaign, it will also be available as a free update to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Here’s what you need to know about King of Cards, which includes four new worlds and 30+ new courses:
Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the final campaign in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga, and it’s bigger and grander than ever! Step into the regal shoes of King Knight, the Gilded Goon himself, as you shoulder bash and spin jump through all those who would oppose your reign! Travel through 4 new worlds and more than 30 all new courses, all on a journey to best the “Three Kings” who lord over the land. Discover what it takes to become a true monarch, meet a friend or two, and amass a King’s ransom in items and loot! Refined platforming, exquisite visuals, story with heart, action-packed courses, glorious new bosses and more await in Shovel Knight: King of Cards!
- Tackle enemies and obstacles head on with your signature bash attack and finish them off with a dazzling spinning strike! King Knight’s play style is all about bashing, bouncing, and bounding!
- Collect tons of new weapons, armors, abilities, and followers to look your dandiest as you pummel foes with radiant skill.
- Had your fill of glamorous adventure? Unwind and sharpen your strategic mind by competing in card battles with future subjects from across the land.
- Test your skills with Feats and Challenge Stages featuring Boss rematches, platforming challenges, and more.
- Yacht Club Game’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Lovable characters and bosses!
- Take on a new challenge and uncover all of the world’s secrets with New Game+!
You can see a bit of gameplay beginning at 3:19 of the above video.
While King of Cards is the final campaign, Battle Mode will be the final major feature. Expect more Battle Mode details down the road.