Fresh off the heels on the introduction of new characters to Code Vein, we now have brand new gameplay footage from the upcoming game as well.
As part of its “IGN First” coverage this month, IGN has posted a nearly 20 minute video to give us a better look at Code Vein.
You can watch the footage below:
Don’t expect this to be the last we see of Code Vein for the month. IGN will likely continue to have plenty of stuff for us to look at as the month draws on.
For those unaware, here are some extra details on the vampire action RPG, including some tidbits on character creation and the system:
In Code Vein, players will create their own character to act as the protagonist. Players will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of their character, as well as be able to customize even minor details such as their character’s facial outlines, and pupil size and luster.
- Characters can equip up to two types of weapons, which can be switched between without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and their stats will increase.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of gathered blood and stock, and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy.
- There is a “Focus System” through which a dedicated gauge builds up when the player in a pinch, and powers up the player when triggered.
- Players can cooperate, coordinate, and transfer HP with their Buddy character.
- The game will have actions such as launch-into-combo attacks, back attacks, and parries.
Code Vein is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.