For Honor Update 1.14.1 Available Now on Consoles
Ubisoft’s latest For Honor update is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It was originally detailed last week, so we already have the patch notes. There are a lot of balance tweaks, so you’ll want to check it out.
The For Honor update 1.14.1 patch notes are incredibly detailed, so we won’t be posting the full list here (check out Ubisoft’s site for all the details), but here are the major balancing changes:
Unlock Tech Fixes
- Unlocked Attacks can no longer become unparryable.
Players were able to elect to launch attacks without having a target locked, and if they performed this in a particular way, the attack would still be aimed at you, but you could not parry it.
We fixed this by forcing the system to aim directly at the nearby target.
Developer Comments:This will significantly reduce the unlock exploit as it makes it impossible to move away from a target and attack in 1v1 situations. From now on, out of lock attacks always snap towards a target if in range. As a consequence, we’ve updated rotation speeds on some character’s Zone Attacks (Conqueror, Highlander, Shinobi and Shugoki).
(Note: We do acknowledge that there still exist very specific situations in which your opponent may be unable to parry – but these situations should be extremely rare in actual gameplay. We will continue to address those scenarios as well in the long-term – but for now, at least this will no longer be something that negatively affect the game as it did before.)
- [Bug Fix] Resolved an issue causing Guardbreak not to connect when both heroes are fighting on certain stairs in “The Forge” and “The Sentinel” maps.
- Headbutt timing reverted to pre patch 1.13 values.
- This means Dodge Forward into Headbutt timing now starts at 100ms again (was 300ms).
- Dodge recovery duration shortened from 700ms to 600ms.
- Light Side Attacks damage increased to 13 from 12.
- Counter Stab damage increased to 12 from 10.
Developer Comments:The Headbutt and Dodge changes from our last update did not get the expected results. Those nerfs were too strong so we are reverting the Headbutt timing change and we are shortening the Dodge recovery by 100ms after increasing it by 200ms in our latest update. The damage buff on Side Lights and Counter Stab, while minimal, will help the Warlord kill enemies in critical state.
- Charged Heavy Attack range decreased to 4.25m (from 5m).
- Charged Heavy Finisher range decreased to 4.75m (from 5.75m).
- Uncharged Heavy Finisher link into Jab delayed by 100ms.
- Jabs do not stagger on wall anymore.
- Normal Jab Stamina drain decreased to 30 (from 40).
- Normal Jab Miss recovery shortened to 700ms (from 800ms).
- “Legion Kick” does not stun anymore.
- “Eagle Talon” stamina cost increased to 20 (from 12).
- [Bug Fix] Jab stamina cost of 12 now works correctly.
Developer Comments:With his Charged Heavies, the Centurion has the ability to engage in group fight from far away. We think his ability to pin you from long distances in 4v4 was too strong and we reduced the range of both Charged Heavies to allow you to better anticipate and react to the incoming threat.
The Jab had multiple issues that made him very frustrating:
- If an Uncharged Heavy Finisher hit, it used to guarantee a Jab.
- Jabs that staggers against a wall could lead to devastating and nearly infinite combo.
We are addressing these issues to make the Jab a fair tool. In addition, to compensate for this we are making the Jab safer on Miss Recovery.
On top of that, the stamina drain reduction on normal Jab and stun removal on Legion Kick should improve the group fight experience when facing 1 or more Centurions.
Known issue: Moveset still says “Legion Kick” Stuns. We will address this in a future update.
- Double Dodge stamina cost decreased to 24 (from 29).
- Double Dodge Kick stamina cost decreased to 10 (from 20).
- Back Flip stamina cost decreased to 12 (from 17).
- Front Roll stamina cost decreased to 12 (from 17).
- Reflex Guard duration increased to 800ms (from 600ms).
Developer comments:We have noticed some players have difficulty blocking with the Shinobi. We have increased the timing of the reflex guard to facilitate the block but the duration is still shorter than other assassins such as the Peacekeeper or the Orochi. We would like the playstyle of the Shinobi to focus on dodge and repositioning instead of block. The stamina reduction on some dodge moves is meant to promote this playstyle.
For Honor is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: For Honor]