Raiden V: Director’s Cut Releases Today on PS4
UFO Interactive Games announced today that Raiden V: Director’s Cut is now available on PlayStation 4 and PC. This updated version of the bullet hell shooter includes a slew a new features including couch co-op, a new story mode, and additional missions for players to check out.
There will also be a physical release of the shoot ’em up called the Raiden V: Director’s Cut Limited Edition that is available to order on Amazon. This version costs $39.99, and comes with the game’s soundtrack. In total, it features 22 tracks of music.
Here’s what features you can expect from the game (list via publisher):
- Two-player Couch Co-op: For the first time ever, join forces with a friend and defend Earth against the Cranassian invasion.
- Story Mode: An all new story full of twists and turns! Featuring multiple endings, the story alters depending on the player’s performance.
- New Missions: Enjoy two new missions, created exclusively for the Director’s Cut edition
- New Ships: Choose from three unique ships, each with different strengths and weapons.
- Branching Levels: Experiment with different routes through stages
- Boss Missions: Defeat bosses under special conditions and compete in leaderboards
“We are excited to bring the best version of Raiden to PlayStation and PC players,” said Tommo CEO Jonathan Wan. “As long-time fans of the series and genre ourselves, we think Raiden V: Director’s Cut is an exhilarating ride and are sure fans will agree.”
The Raiden V PS4 port is now available. Raiden V: Definitive Edition is also out on PC.