PSA: Friday the 13th Game Double XP Weekend Starts Now
The Friday the 13th game double XP weekend has begun. It starts at 7pm eastern on October 12, and will end at 11AM EST on Monday, October 16, 2017. Those that play the game this weekend will get double the experience for playing, so there’s no better way to celebrate October having a Friday on the 13th of the month.
Double XP Event STARTS TONIGHT; Its going to run from 7PM EST on Thursday 10/12/2017 (midnight in the UK) to 11AM EST Monday 10/16/2017. pic.twitter.com/fnYcgDX7Uq
— Friday The 13th Game (@Friday13thGame) October 12, 2017
This Friday the 13th game double XP weekend comes right after update 1.14 released. Check out the new features that the latest patch brought in below:
- The Rain feature is now available and players may have a chance to encounter this new weather in any of the current playable maps.
- Counselors are now able to “push” other counselors
- In order to prevent players from griefing via “bodyblocking”, we have introduced a new feature that allows Counselors to push each other. The player being pushed will slowly walk away in the direction opposite of the player pushing. This feature does not affect Jason.
- Thick Skinned perk changes
- Thick Skinned now reduces ALL damage ——[Known Issue] Perks that had their values adjusted will have no in-game effect until re-equipped
- The tooltip for Thick Skinned has been changed from “Take less damage from all incoming attacks.” to “Take less damage.“
- “Originally, Thick Skinned was intended to reduce damage specifically from Jason’s’ attacks. However, there was a bug that was causing Thick Skinned to apply twice which in turn also caused the perk to incorrectly reduce all incoming damage. This issue was fixed in the last patch. After considering our internal testing and community feedback, we agreed that the previous iteration of Thick Skinned worked better for game balance when the inflated damage reduction values were no longer present.”
- Stun Duration adjusted
- Jason’s Stun Duration timer has been adjusted
- “Jason’s Stun Duration has been adjusted across all counselors and items to better balance the changes made by the previous bug fix.”
- Grease Monkey perk rebalanced
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Grease Monkey perk ——[Known Issue] Perks that had their values adjusted will have no in-game effect until re-equipped
- “Grease Monkey was individually causing too large of an impact. We have adjusted Grease Monkey to be more consistent with other perks.”
- Trap Damage adjusted
- All counselors now take the same amount of damage from traps
- “Traps have been adjusted to inflict the same amount of damage across all counselors. Players that activate a trap will now always be wounded unless equipped with an adequate trap damage reduction perk.”
Friday the 13th game update 1.14 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.