Dead by Daylight Update 1.18 Features Balancing Changes, Read Patch Notes
A new Dead by Daylight update is now available on consoles. Dead by Daylight update 1.18 removes “the Slightly and Moderately map offerings from Bloodwebs and from the Kill Your Friends offering inventory,” and adds the ability to unhook survivors from all possible angles. Additionally, there are a ton of balancing changes, which you can see in the patch notes.
Check out the Dead by Daylight update 1.18 patch notes below:
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Removed the Slightly and Moderately map offerings from Bloodwebs and from the Kill Your Friends offering inventory
- Integrated additional analytics support
- Legacy clothing has been retouched to bring back it’s gloryBALANCE
- Added the ability to unhook a survivor from all possible angles.
This is a step towards making the hook a happier place.
- Adjusted Global Skill Check Chances, we believe they were currently a little too high when no item/perk was being used and we would like to encourage choice through items/perks and addons. As one of the first steps towards a healthier balance we will be changing the following Skill Check Chances.
- Heal Other Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Other with Medkit Skill Check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Self with Medkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 12.5%
- Heal Self without medkit Skill check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Repair with a toolkit Skill Check Chance has been changed from 8% to 10.5%
- Repair without a toolkit Skill Check Chance has not changed, it remains at 8%.
- Sabotage Hook with a toolkit Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Sabotage Hook without a toolkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Increased the time it takes to increase Bloodlust levels from 12 to 15 seconds. It has been brought to our attention that Bloodlust is currently triggering every 12 seconds. This is an error as Bloodlust is intended to trigger every 15 seconds. It is unclear when this issue occurred, Bloodlust should be triggering every 15 seconds as this should give an opportunity for survivors to lose the killer before they reach their next Bloodlust level. Bloodlust is intended to be an option for killers to use and it is not intended to be the answer to all situations.
- Increased wiggle penalty for dropping a survivor from 25% to 33%. The initial intent was to cause killers to drop survivors after dropping them 4 times in a row. Due to recovery rates killers had 5 drops before the survivor was freed. This change should cause survivors to be freed after being dropped 3 times in a row when dropped in quick succession
- Reduced “Good” healing skill check success reward from 1% to 0%. Good skillchecks are meant to continue progress as the skillcheck was not failed, Good skillchecks were not meant to advance progress.
- Reduced the audio levels of The Wraiths growls while cloaked from the survivors standpoint
- Removed some parts of the railing on the second floor of the Foundry in MacMillan Estate
- Generator regression % is increase to 100% from 25%
- Generator breaking time reduced to 2 seconds from 3 secondsBUG FIXING
- Adjusted the audio cue when losing an item when the survivor was hit by a killer with the perk “Franklin’s Demise”
- Fixed an issue causing the items to be lost when using the offering White Ward and the add-ons Weaved Ring & Milky Glass Token
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith’s poncho to clip into the camera when attacking
- Fixed an issue that caused items, perks, add-ons, powers, and offerings to have the incorrect inventory type text on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that caused no bonus Bloodpoint rewards when using The Shape’s add-ons “Scratched Mirror” & “Vanity Mirror”, numbers are currently too high, they will be reduced in the next patch.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholder Lore Tips to be displayed on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer to become stuck in the boxes on the porch of the Strode house in Haddonfield when performing a window vault interrupt
- Fixed an issue that caused the chainsaw’s rev audio looping when doing a pallet stun on the Cannibal
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk “Franklin’s Demise” not destroying the toolbox add-on “Brand New Part” when survivor is hit while using it
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse’s Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to reappear before her blink was complete
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse’s Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to remain visible when looking downwards
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hooked survivor to become broken for the rest of the match if a survivor got disconnected while unhooking them
- Fixed an issue that could cause bear traps to float when placed in certain areas in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that could cause players ranks to reset when closing the application
- Fixed an issue that could cause the match management settings to reset to default after each match in Kill Your Friends
- Fixed an issue that could cause the non host killer of a Kill Your Friends match to remain in game when leaving the match
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for Killers to pick up survivors if they exited the locker in crawl state
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to earn the “No One Left Behind” achievement
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interrupt a survivor installing a Brand New Part
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a player to remain the Obsession indefintely if they were the Obsession in a Kill Your Friends match as the host survivor
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially sabotaging a hook
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially searching a chest
- Fixed an issue where the Halloween™ music was missing when loading into Haddonfield
- Various localization fixes
Dead by Daylight update 1.18 is available now.