Destiny 2 Faction Rallies are coming back next week. From November 7 to November 13, Guardians can once again pledge their loyalty to one of the three factions in the Tower and complete activities to earn tokens and collect reward packages. This time around, there are some changes to the token economy and how many will be rewarded for certain activities. Senior Designer Tim Williams made the following comments about the reward adjustments.
- Strikes now reward faction tokens at a range of 5 to 9 faction tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 faction tokens on first completion per character
- Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 faction tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards faction tokens
- Opening Lost Sector Chests now rewards 3 faction tokens for each fireteam memberStrikes should feel more worthy of the time you invest in them. We noticed that players felt Lost Sectors were useful, but disliked the fact that they couldn’t enjoy them with a fireteam, so we moved the faction tokens from the destructible items to the chest at the end of the activity. The destructibles will still be featured as a daily milestone and are still available to help your fireteam clear out the Lost Sector.We’re all excited to see which faction the players will help to win this faction rally. We’ll be watching and looking to improve the Faction Rallies over time, so please keep the feedback coming!