The Exorcist: Legion VR Releases a New Trailer, Coming to PSVR
Since VR has released for a more mainstream gaming audience, one of the best fitting genres for an immersive platform was the horror genre. The Exorcist: Legion VR is a horror title based off the events of the movie The Exorcist III, and will be releasing on PSVR and other VR platforms. The first two chapters, First Rites and Idle Hands, will release November 22 on PC, with a PSVR release at a later date.
The developers released a trailer for the first chapter:
Here’s more about The Exorcist: Legion VR:
The Legion has come! A variety of demons have returned to our world just as Pazuzu (the main demon from The Exorcist franchise) promised. Follow in the shoes of a detective in Chapter 1 as they uncover strange details behind the grisly murder of a priest. Each subsequent Chapter takes the player further in the journey as they assume the role of a detective investigating the demonic entities lurking in the shadows, culminating in a satisfying ending for any fan of the franchise.
- Five stand-alone episodic chapters that come together for a truly cinematic end.
- Don’t just play the movies, live a whole new story experience in full VR!
- Step into the shoes of an exorcist to confront ancient forces of evil when everything is at stake!
- Discover an intricate story filled with mystery and peril.
- Choose between HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headsets via SteamVR or purchase directly from the Oculus Store for an experience unlike any other.
- Switch between both free roam and teleport locomotion to have full control over your experience.
- Play using room scale, standing, or even seated.
- Utilize a menu consisting of a cellphone, an exorcism kit, among other important items found during the journey.
- Unique items found throughout the stories are collected in your evidence room to be evaluated at a later time.
- Chapters can be replayed at any time, enabling users to discover hidden story content, special achievements and easter eggs.
The Exorcist: Legion VR does not have a release date on PSVR.