Epic Games has released a new Dev Update video for Fortnite Battle Royale, which details some of the changes coming soon to the mode. This update goes over weapon changes, team killing, and more. There’s also a hotfix for silenced SMGs being released on November 20, along with other balance fixes.
Here is the new Fortnite Dev Update video, via Twitter:
Eric talks weapon changes, Silenced SMG and team killing in our latest Dev Update! pic.twitter.com/oRlukErlxg
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) November 17, 2017
First off, the drop rate of the Bush, Launch Pad, and Glider have been deceased. Epic Games wants these items to be pretty rare to get, but have really enjoyed the strategies that were employed with these unique items.
Next, they knowledge that players have discovered and started implementing rocket riding. The devs state this new mechanic was not planned, but they like that players have started using it. Epic Games hopes to implement rocket riding officially in the future, barring any game-breaking elements.
Finally, there will be some balance updates, as well as the addition of the Silenced SMG. Epic Games detailed the hot fix on the Fortnite forums:
- Enabled Silenced SMG
- Can be found as a Common, Uncommon or Rare variant.
- This new SMG is Suppressed, making it the quietest weapon in the game.
- Assault Rifle accuracy increased.
- ADS accuracy benefit increased by 33%.
- Accuracy penalty per shot decreased by 20%.
- Accuracy reset speed increased by 20%.
- Recoil reduced by 30%.
- SMG damage increased from 12/12/13 to 14/15/16 for all rarities.
- SMG magazine size increased from 25 to 35.
- Tactical SMG damage increased from 14/15/16 to 16/17/18 for all rarities.
- Adjusted SMG/Tactical SMG environmental damage to match base damage.
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased by 10%.
There’s even more to learn about in the Dev Update video, so make sure to watch it when you’re able!
What are you looking forward to in Fortnite Battle Royale?