Today, Gears for Breakfast announced that the 3D platformer A Hat in Time is set to launch for the PlayStation 4 in just a weeks time, where the game will launch in North America and Europe on December 5.
According to developers Gears for Breakfast, A Hat in Time is billed as a true homage to the greatest 3D platforms and a love letter to the classic Nintendo Gamecube. The game puts players in the shoes of Hat Kid, a tiny space-traveling girl who has a lot of heart, and a big hat. You’ll travel across five different worlds and fight your way through enemies as you unlock new hats and abilities.
For more on the upcoming platformer, make sure to check out some of the key features of the game below:
You play as Hat Kid, a tiny space-traveling girl with a lot of heart and a big top hat, as she travels the universe to protect its worlds from the evil Mustache Girl. Join her as she explores five incredibly diverse and giant open worlds, jumping and fighting her way through baddies, and unlocking sweet new hats with all-new abilities.Key Features include:
- Seven Worlds to Discover: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch.
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles.
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses.
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks.
- Badges: Don’t tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie.
A Hat in Time is set to launch on December 5.