Fortnite Update 1.9.1 Brings Smoke Grenades, New Weapons, and More Changes
The latest Fortnite update is coming tomorrow, November 29, but as usual, Epic Games has released the patch notes ahead of time. Fortnite update 1.9.1 will be bringing about the end of the Fortnitemares event, while adding smoke grenades, new leaderboards, and mutant storms. There are a number of other small bug and UI fixes included as well. You can read the full Fortnite update 1.9.1 patch notes from Epic Games below.
The Fortnitemares event ends on Nov. 29 with the release of the V.1.9.1 patch. Weekly leaderboards will be refreshed once the V.1.9.1 patch is released.
Heya Fortnite Friends,
We hope you all enjoyed the holidays!
One thing we are most thankful for is the opportunity to keep making this game better and better. We’ve honed in on improving quality of life features for both Battle Royale and Save the World, along the with introducing new content into each mode. Let’s dive right into the highlighted changes!
Smoke Grenade – Battle Royale
This non-lethal grenade is thrown like a frag but obscures vision with a white smoke instead of splodin’ other players. This grenade can be found in all container types, and can spawn randomly as floor loot.
New Leaderboards – Battle Royale
So you say you are the best? It’s time to find out.
Introducing two new leaderboards:
- Global Wins
- A global leaderboard spotlighting the top 50 players for the selected match type. Measured by wins.
- Measured by the amount of total experience gained.
Vindertech Weapons – Save the World
Secure victory with Vindertech! Harness the power of nine, all new weapons available during this Mutant Storms season.
Mutant Storms Return – Save the World
Mutant storms are back! Stormchasers can earn storm tickets as they fight back hordes of mutated husks. Squad up, survive, and loot!
Fortnite Update 1.9.1 Patch Notes – BATTLE ROYALE
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
- Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
- Fixed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.
- If a friend fails to join the party, they will no longer appear to be in party via the PS4 profile and friend’s status.
SAVE THE WORLD
- Mutant Storms
- The Fortnitemares event has ended and Mutant Storms have returned!
- For every 500 unspent Halloween tickets you will receive a Halloween llama, available in the loot tab.
- Fight the storm and earn tickets from missions up to 10 times per day.
- New Event Quests specific to Mutant Storms have been added.
- Vindertech Weapons
- Pulsar – Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster – Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer – Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator – Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter – Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster – Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer – High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever – Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer – Medium energy sword.
- Players can loot these weapons from event quests and event llamas.
- The amount of Storm Tickets given out by Mutant Storms will now be consistent across all hexes of the same difficulty level.
- Updated the Zapper pistol projectile to no longer inherit the velocity of the character wielding it.
- This weapon is now more reliable and accurate.
- Fixed an issue which caused some of green hexes to not award XP.
- Updated Rocket Hammer descriptions to be consistent across all rarities and tiers.
- Improved controller navigation in the Options menu.
Fixed an issue which caused the Ninja icons to be tiny.
What changes are you most excited for in the latest Fortnite update? Let us know in the comments below.
[Source: Epic Games]